New server

Roy Hoobler roy at connectcomputing.com
Thu Jan 26 00:39:36 CET 2006

It ended up they put a new drive in for the Kolab partition as well so I
started with a mount of an image of the old partition in a different place.

I first put a fresh version (the 2.0 version) of Kolab we had before and
started obmtool.  I opened another shell and looked at the passwd file to see
if the kolab users (kolab, kolab-n, and kolab-r) were there.  It took quite
awhile and I thought about stopping but they eventually showed up.  I then
stopped the install.

Then, from the old image I copied (cp -r -f -p *) the old files into
the /kolab directory and ran /kolab/bin/openpkg rc all start

Everything worked perfect!!  35 minutes (after being down 14 hours) and we
were back in business.  Kolab is great in this respect.  My client was very
impressed.  I had to wait quite a while for the hosting company to bring back
up the server.

I guess we were lucky they "mirrored" the old drive so the permissions stayed
intact.  My main concern was resetting everything - didn't have to :)

Thanks everyone (especially Thomas) for your help.

Roy

--
Roy Hoobler
Connect Computing Inc