maildomains

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 23 11:00:54 CET 2006

Am Sonntag, 15. Januar 2006 11:51 schrieb Matthias Henze:
> i've read about the lack of multiple domains in kolab. for me in most cases
> this is a no go.

This mainly means the full isp capability of seperately running
domain that can be seperately maintained.

> here is what i need: i've say 10 users. there is a basic
> domain as configured with kolab. these users should also recive mails for
> several other domains in the same mailbox. will this work ?

Yes it will and it did so with all Kolab Server implementations.

> and if so: how
> do i have to configure this ?

You have to configure this in the postfix part,
add a rewrite for all domains that they want to receive emails
for in the virtual table.

> is there any timeline for a first RC of kolab 2.1 ?

Yes, it is expected in the next weeks.
However this - as always - depends on how many
people help testing and how many bugs are found.
We usually rather delay the date then to release buggy software.

Note that Kolab Server 2.1.x will have multiple email domains,
which is a lot more than you actually need, if I understand
your description correctly.

Bernhard