Problem with WebAdmin authentication when rebuilding Kolab with slapadd.

Adam Tworkowski atworkowski at masterfile.com
Wed Jan 18 16:23:52 CET 2006

Hi,

I am attempting to rebuild a Kolab server from 2.0 to 2.0.3 using by:

-copying user mailboxes
-restoring mailbox database with /kolab/bin/ctl_mboxlist and
cyrreconstruct
-using slapadd to recreate OpenLDAP database

>From a fresh Kolab install, I am then deleting the new OpenLDAP database
in /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data and attempting to repopulate the
LDAP database with slapadd.

The imported LDAP database seems sane but I am having issues
authenticating to the WebAdmin page.  The error is:

"Could not bind to LDAP server: Invalid credentials"

I am finding authentication errors in the apache-error logs.  I suspect
that it is related to php_pw in kolab.conf and the the password for
nobody in LDAP being out of sync.

That said, I have attempted to change nobody's passwd with
kolabpasswd.  It is failing on the first step as I do not have the
existing passwd for nobody (do I?).  The passwd for nobody in the LDAP
database looks hashed and doesn't seem to work.

Am I looking in the right direction to resolve this issue?  The reason I
am attempting to do a full rebuild -- only migrating mail, sieve and
ldap data -- is because I suffered a major issue with Cyrus's POP3 last
week in which POP3 service irrecoverably died.  I restored from recent
backup and only needed to restore the day's mail since LDAP was
up-to-date.

Jan 10 11:44:38 mail <debug> master[30676]: about to
exec /kolab/bin/pop3d
Jan 10 11:44:38 mail <error> master[6351]: process 30675 exited,
signaled to death by 25
Jan 10 11:44:38 mail <warning> master[6351]: service pop3s pid 30675 in
READY state: terminated abnormally
[ X 1000s... ]

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Tworkowski, atworkowski at masterfile.com
Systems Administrator, Computer Department
Masterfile Corporation, www.masterfile.com

This email message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential, subject to
copyright and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  You are
hereby notified that any unauthorized use of this transmission is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the named recipient(s), please
immediately notify the sender and delete this email message.