problem on mail subscription

Christian Funke funke at hiskp.uni-bonn.de
Mon Jan 16 12:28:30 CET 2006

Am Montag, 16. Januar 2006 02:15 schrieb j.c.f.:
> greetings,
>
> I got some weird behaviour on kontact after upgrading to kde 3.5 (freebsd
> 6.0-relase, kolab 2.0.3):
>
> 1 - subscription window doesn't show shared folders
> 2 - it keeps querying the host the whole time, asking that creation of some
> shared folders couldn't be made.
>
> I guess the problem is on kmail, since mozilla sees the shared folders at
> the subscription window.

I had this problem if in your kolab setup your UID differs from your primary
email-adress. For example your email adress is foo at bar.com and your UID is
just foo. It seems that sometimes Kontact gets confused by these differences
since all (automatic) permissions are set for foo at bar.com. Adding the UID
(foo in this case) in the permissions for each folder makes these problems go
away. I dont know if it's a bug in kontact, or if the kolab-server sometimes
has problems mapping UID and primary email-adress. Hope this helps

Greets Christian