maildomains

Patrick Noffke patrick.noffke at noffkeit.com
Sun Jan 15 14:09:18 CET 2006

> domain as configured with kolab. these users should also recive mails for
> several other domains in the same mailbox. will this work ? and if so: how
> do i have to configure this ?

You should be able to do this with fetchmail.  Fetchmail can check mail from
multiple accounts, and place them in another user's mailbox (I believe it
works by resending each message to the kolab user through the local MTA).
Check out the wiki and the forum on getting fetchmail to work with kolab.
Here are my notes:

I installed kolab's fetchmail (rather than my distro's fetchmail) and found I
had to do the following:

First, download config and fetchmail.  The URL listed in the wiki is old, so I
had to do some searching for these:

wget ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/release/2.5/SRC/config-20051002-2.5.0.src.rpm
wget ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/release/2.5/SRC/fetchmail-6.2.5-2.5.0.src.rpm

Then build the rpms and install them.  I did this on a Fedora Core 4
installation, so the RPM names below might change for you.

/kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -iv /opt/kolab/kolab2.0.2/config-20051002-2.5.0.src.rpm
/kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -iv /opt/kolab/kolab2.0.2/fetchmail-6.2.5-2.5.0.src.rpm
/kolab/bin/openpkg rpmbuild -bb /kolab/RPM/SRC/config/config.spec
/kolab/bin/openpkg rpm
-i /kolab/RPM/PKG/config-20051002-2.5.0.ix86-fedora4-kolab.rpm
/kolab/bin/openpkg rpmbuild -bb /kolab/RPM/SRC/fetchmail/fetchmail.spec
/kolab/bin/openpkg rpm
-i /kolab/RPM/PKG/fetchmail-6.2.5-2.5.0.ix86-fedora4-kolab.rpm

Edit /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.fetchmail and set daemon mode to “yes”

Edit /kolab/etc/fetchmail/fetchmail.master.  Set daemon interval, and add
accounts to check in this file.  There are plenty of fetchmail examples on
the net (even some on the kolab forum) for all the different mail server
options.

Note:  /kolab/etc/fetchmail/fetchmailrc is (over)written (copied from
fetchmail.master) each time fetchmail is (re)started.  Maybe the developers
had something else in mind with the fetchmail.users file besides editing
fetchmail.master, but I couldn't find any documentation on either file or any
indication fetchmail.users was getting used.  In any case, I added each of my
users to fetchmail.users.

Then start fetchmail using:
/kolab/bin/openpkg rc fetchmail start

Check its status using:
/kolab/bin/openpkg rc fetchmail status

Also run ps ax to confirm the fetchmail process is running.

If you start/stop kolab in the future, fetchmail will start/stop along with
all the other services.

Now send yourself a test email, and after the daemon interval you set, it
should show up in the kolab user account's inbox.

Hope this helps.

Pat

--
Patrick Noffke