No users shown in Kontact with ldap

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Wed Jan 11 11:50:10 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2006 11:32 schrieb Axel Schmidat:
> I´ve installed the new version of kolab 2.0.2 on a debian 3.1 sarge.
> After that, I started the kolabwizard under KDE 3.5 and configured my
> client.
> The E-Mail function is well, but I cant´t see any users under kontacts.
> The Web-Interfaces shows me all the users.
> Any hints?

That looks like the common misunderstanding when using the address book. You
should not simply select the addressbook part in Kontact because that will
show you only the addresses in your personal address book.
Instead, in the addressbook part, select "Tools -> Lookup .. in LDAP ..." to
find addresses added via the Kolab admin frontend (or directly to LDAP).

Then you're able to copy selected addresses into your addressbook to have
them available e.g. when you're offline. Nevertheless, when composing a
message you should see the addresses from the LDAP server w/o having them
copied to your own addressbook.

Regards,
Andreas