lost connection after DATA from localhost.localdomain

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Jan 3 17:57:37 CET 2006

Hi Rene,

Am Dienstag, 3. Januar 2006 11:02 schrieb Rene:
> I setup a Kolab 2.0.1 System using the wiki.
> Everything is working fine now but i have a problem after a few days of a
> running system:
>
> I changed nothing on the server since last reboot 14 days ago. Suddenly
> the the server stoped working with the folling logentry in
> /kolab/var/postfix/log
>
> postfix/smtpd[29600]: lost connection after DATA from
> localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
>
> After restarting all services everything is fine again.
>
> can you tell me what was wring with the system or where i should start
> searching ?

I cannot say what went wrong.
First you could try to find out what application was trying to speak your
smtpd. Next you could check the log of this application.
It could have been kolabfilter or amavisd.
Where these crashed? Check their logs.
Can you say which task was not running anymore?
smptd or something else?

Bernhard