users in subou instead of root (kolab 2.0.1)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Jan 3 17:51:11 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2005 14:15 schrieb vovan at planet.nl:
> I'm going to start using kolab and have a simple question. By defauld
> kolab stores all users in the root of LDAP server, is there a way to
> change this behaviour to the starndard way (store all users in the
> People ou for instance)? Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly?

Kolab itself (Kolab Server and Kolab Clients) are quite flexible
about where in the directory server the information are saved.
There are a few philosophies, e.g. I have read that using
the domain components (dc=, dc=) is a quite modern one.

If you like you can give the Kolab Server a different BASE
for the OpenLDAP to work with as search root.
If you desire an other structure, you could abstain from using the
webinterface and build it with your own ldap tools.
So it is possible, but might be a bit of work.

Bernhard