How to change mailfiter ("BANNED CONTENTS ALERT")

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Mon Feb 13 15:20:36 CET 2006

* Dietmar Hummel <dietmar.hummel at gmx.de> [20060213 12:31]:
> My kolab-installation is up and running. But i cant figure out, where i can
> change the configuration of the mailfilter.
> If i try to submit a mail with attached tar.bz2 i get the following back:
>
> ----------->8------------
>
> BANNED CONTENTS ALERT
>
> Our content checker found
>     banned name: multipart/mixed | application/x-tbz,.bz2,myfile.tar.bz2
> | .tar,myfile.tar | .exe,.exe-unix,[some_filename_part]
> in email presumably from you (<[myemail at mydomain.de] >),
> to the following recipient:
> -> [someone at somewhere.com]

There is an executable file inside myfile.tar.bz2.

To allow sending executables, you have to edit the
$banned_filename_re in the file
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/amavisd.conf.template
and remove this entry:  qr'^\.exe$'i

After editing call /kolab/sbin/kolabconf to promote the change.

> What i want is the "full programm" of spam and virus-check
> in incoming mail but just a virus-check in outgoing mail.

You may want outgoing spam checks so the bayes filter can learn what
are good emails.

Thomas

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/