Kolab 2 Server

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Mon Feb 13 08:35:38 CET 2006

Hi Peter,

> Comrades, I need your help here.
>  I want to know where I can create the kolab directory on my Suse 9.3
> machine. I mean can I create it anywhere I have space? And, what's the
> procedure of installing the RPMs? Do I just begin on any I see or find?
> And, do I install them like the way I always compile RPMs or these have a
> particular compilation way?! Awaiting your communication urgently.

the recommendation is to keep everything together in one directory:
"/kolab"

which itself must not necessarily reside on the root partition. It can also be
a symbolic link to somewhere else in your file system.

Please note that the rpm files are not designed for the suse-native rpm tool.
Instead they are targeted for the openpkg tool.

The best way is to follow the examples given here:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Binary

For myself I decided to go for a source install:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Source

which is rather straightforward and simple. There are not so many things which
can go wrong. If you hit problems, post them here on the list.

Best wishes,
Markus