moving to a new machine

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Feb 8 18:22:30 CET 2006

* Alan Hartless <harty83 at gmail.com> [20060208 02:33]:
> I just bought a new machine that will replace the one that I now
> have my kolab server installed on.  Can I simply copy over the
> /kolab folder if I have the exact same distrib of linux on the new
> machine?  Or is that not possible?

Some things have to be created/modified under /etc: /etc/passwd and
friends for the users, some entries in crontab, init script and
more.

You can recreate this by using ./obmtool kolab and aborting it quite
early (after the installation of the first package). After this you
can remove the created /kolab directory and put your backup /kolab
in place.

For Kolab 2.1beta1 you have to restore an extra crontab entry for
the kolab user, but I assume you're using 2.0.x

Thomas

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/