A Few Pre-Install Questions

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Tue Feb 7 08:44:27 CET 2006

* Tom Jermy <tomjermy at gmail.com> [20060206 16:32]:
> Currently I run postfix & cyrus-imapd on a custom configured CentOS server.
> It picks up/serves mail for my MD's pet company. My DNS/bind is
> authoratitive over the domain and I have my bind MX records for the domain
> that receives mail to my main gateway/perimeter server.
>
> I now want to use Kolab on this machine for our main work emails, and I am
> wondering what the best way to do this is. I know that the recent Kolab
> release picks up multi mail domains but I am concerned that there may be
> some kind of clash.

Your question doesn't show why you need multi domain support or what
you expect to clash here.

> On a separate point, our ip addr is blacklisted by AOL for some reason. We
> have a non blacklist mail relay server set up with our ISP which I currently
> route outgoing email through. Is it easy to tell Kolab to basic/plain
> authenticate with this machine and send through it?

Kolab internally uses Postfix, so you can apply the same
configuration settings as you've done with your other Postfix to the
main.cf.template, from which Kolab generates the real main.cf

Thomas

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/