how to uninstall kolab

Thomas Lotterer thomas+kolab at lotterer.net
Sat Dec 23 17:35:57 CET 2006

JOYDEEP <j.bakshi at unlimitedmail.org> wrote on 2006-12-22 13:31:
> I like to un-install kolab comes as openpkg

You can erase OpenPKG by querying for all packages and erase them.
OpenPKG is self-hosting so it can install, upgrade and erase itself.

# /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -e `/kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -qa`

Uninstalling OpenPKG using itself ensures proper cleanup of all connections to the OS:
- remove entry from /etc/openpkg file and finally the whole file
- remove startup/shutdown scripts
- remove cron jobs
- remove users
- remove group

Your data and modifications are left below the /kolab tree.
If you don't need them anymore, wipe them with

# rm -rf /kolab

> and like to install native suse-kolab.

Good luck. You'll surly miss the cleanness of OpenPKG :-)

--
Thomas