Horde not working with my Kolab

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos skonstant at sgul.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 14:55:44 CET 2006

Le mardi 19 déc 2006 12:29, Gunnar Wrobel a écrit :
> Hi Stéphane,
>
> > I managed to set up Horde as a client for my Kolab server, with no
> > database at all! I retrieved the CVS and followed most of the
> > instructions in the Kolab wiki, minus the database setup.
>
> current Horde CVS still requires a mysql db as backend.
>
> > The database did not seem necessary, only for the "DataTree", what is
> > that?
>
> As you mention: The database is necessary for "DataTree". Since Horde
> maps the Kolab Groupware folders to Shares and these Shares are
> managed within the DataTree framework you assumption that a database
> is not necessary is not quite correct :)

Hi Gunnar,

thanks for this detailed reply, this is encouraging!

So I need the database even with the patch?

I'll try and apply the patch now and give the whole thing another go today,
I'll post my experiences. Do you think the patch applies to Horde CVS?

Cheers,
--
Stéphane Konstantaropoulos <skonstant at sgul.ac.uk>
-- Web Developer - Computing Services