can kolab conflict with egw ?

Ger Apeldoorn g.apeldoorn at argoss.nl
Mon Dec 18 11:35:15 CET 2006

Op maandag 18 december 2006 11:23, schreef u:
> Now I can understand.  I installed kolab when my egw was running under
> xampp. but I have problem to
> understad about *template* u talking about. where is that template
> directory of kolab actually ?

It is in /kolab/etc/kolab/templates
This contains all the configuration files for kolab. You can edit the ones
in /kolab/etc, but they get overwritten with the templates at every reboot.
So any configuration should occur in the templates directory.

> one more thing, I have also seen the .rpm packages of kolab for
> open-suse 10.1.
> does these all base on openpkg architecture or simply install the .rpm
> pacakes in suse ?

Eh... I dont know, the openpkg architecture should work fine for open-suse as
well, but I dont have any personal experience with that.

Anyone else?

Greetings & salutations,

Ger Apeldoorn.

> thanking you
>
> Ger Apeldoorn wrote:
> > You need to stop your apache during the installation of kolab. Only after
> > installation you can configure kolab to NOT listen to port 80.
> >
> > (Remember, you need to do that in the templates directory!!)
> >
> > Ger.
> >
> > Op maandag 18 december 2006 10:45, schreef JOYDEEP:
> >> But it is not working in this way. I have set "Listen 80" in the
> >> apache.conf of xampp and
> >> "Listen 443" in the apache.conf of kolab. but kolab still reports
> >>
> >> KOLAB BOOTSTRAP
> >> Check for running webserver on port 80
> >> Error: Found webserver running on Port 80
> >> Check your installation!
> >> You must stop the service webserver before running Kolab
> >>
> >> :-(

ARGOSS: your partner for atmospheric, marine & coastal information
P O Box 61
8325ZH Vollenhove The Netherlands
tel +31-527-242299 fax +31-527-242016
Web http://www.argoss.nl

Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the
use of the e-mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, or one of
those persons, you are not allowed to take any action based upon it or to
copy it, forward, distribute or disclose the contents of it and you should
please delete it from your system.

ARGOSS Holding BV and its subsidiaries do not accept any liability for any
errors or omissions in the context of this e-mail or its attachments which
arise as a result of Internet transmission, nor accept liability for
statements which are those of the author and not clearly made on behalf of
ARGOSS.