SSL/TLS entropy problem, aka pops timeouts (was: sasl ldap problem)

Divan Santana divan.santana at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 14:36:07 CET 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 15:30, Stéphane Konstantaropoulos wrote:
> Right so, use /dev/hw_random if you want good quality and high speed at the
> same time, all recent intel, AMD and Via processors have such a device.
>
> You need to load hw_random module, or amd-rng or intel-rng on newer
> kernels.
>
> (add the modrprobe command to your init scripts and you'll be sorted)

Hi All, Stéphane and Bernhard,

OK, I have tried to load hw_random into the kernel by modprobe hw_random .
It worked:
lsmod |grep ran
hw_random               7320  0

But, there is no l /dev/hw_random or anything close?

Is there a how to somewhere regarding this? I don't know what is the correct
way of making the device and making /dev/random work rather than linking it
to /dev/urandom ?

Any ideas? :)
--
Divan Santana