Migrate Exchange 5.0 to Kolab 2

Martin G.H. Minkler minkler at artegic.de
Thu Aug 31 08:26:20 CEST 2006

Alex Chejlyk wrote:

> Are the internal users marked as Internal (Type "I") when you view them
> in the Kolab web administration page? If they are, they won't show in
> the address book. They must be Type "U".

They are all type "U" - another thing I noticed though is that using
tcpdump (or rather the pendant on windows - Packetyzer) I saw the proper
answers when I had Thunderbird make an offline copy of the ldap address
book.

BTW, sniffing in on exchange's global address book client / server
communication completely didn`t work as M$ doesn`t seem so be talking
ldap at all but rather something proprietary again (or using encryption,
didn't look into it)

Still I`m afraid I'm missing something stupid here. Will check for local
firewalls et. al. when I get there.

I think I saw a thread called "Importing 3421 address book entries" or
something like that in the mailing list archives, where somebody already
had an ldif dump of the book and tried to feed it to kolab. Yesterday I
couldn't find an option to export from exchange though...

Does anybody have a concept to export exchange's global address book?

TIA

Martin