Migrate Exchange 5.0 to Kolab 2

Martin Minkler minkler at artegic.de
Wed Aug 30 16:35:40 CEST 2006

Alohá!

Migrating from M$ is like walking away from a black hole...

Installation is a kolab 2.0.4 for debian sarge, clients are Outlook 2003
with Toltec Connector 2.0.9, we're trying to migrate from exchange 5.0

Email is already moved out to an off-site IMAP-server and does not
reside on the Kolab server as the intranet here is behind a dial-up IP
with no reverse DNS lookup.

The Problem:

After creating a new pst file and mapping it with the toltec connector I
can copy all folders to the new file and sync them with the server.

Unfortunately all contacts are copied as LDAP addresses in LDAP format,
  so that the entries for the field "email adress" in the new folder
look like this:

/o=First Organisation/ou=First administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=<name>

Of course that is quite useless...

Is there a howto or something (experience reports, etc.) that one can
read to make the migration less bumpy (if not possible in the first place)?

Another thing: If I enter Adresses into the global LDAP address book,
these are listed in the management interface but I cannot for the life
of me make them show up in Outlook (followed the instructions from
http://kolab.org/doc/doc3-1.34.pdf step by step).

Also tried Thunderbird but to no avail - the address book stays empty.

Any help appreciated

Martin