Delegates when using resource accounts

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Wed Aug 9 09:28:37 CEST 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 12:23:00AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 1. August 2006 09:54 schrieb T. Ribbrock:
> > I want to set up a resource account that accepts all invitations unless
> > there's a conflict. Also, our secretary must be allowed to overrule this
> > (some meetings are more important than others...).
> >
> > The first part is easy. The second part seems to have a little catch: I
> > can make the secretary account a "delegate" for the resource,
>
> This means she can send email with from being the resource email.

Exactly.

> > thus
> > enabling her to decline an invitation to the resource even after that
> > invitation was automatically accepted.
>
> You probably do this by deleting the entry in the calendar?

No, deleting doesn't work. If I just delete the event, I get a message
that this will bring "my" calendar out of sync with the organiser's, but
no mail is sent. The only way I've found to get a mail sent is by editing
the event and setting the status of the resource to "decline". Then I get
a message that my status as attendee has changed and whether I want to
inform the organiser.

And, just to be completely clear, the setup we are currently testing is:
the secretary has delegate status for the resource and has the resource
configured as additional account in kontact (and is therefore able to see
the resource's calendar).

> > Does anybody know an easier way?
>
> Given that you use Kontact,
> you could disable direct sending and then the identity can be selected
> before sending.

"direct sending" as in "Settings -> Configure KOrganizer -> Group
Scheduling -> Scheduler Mails should be ... ...Send to Outbox"? I just
tried that, but I'm not asked about identity when I change the attendee
status. And, as I mentioned before, deleting the event just deletes it but
does not notify the organiser.

Cheerio,

Thomas