[OT] kontact in VMWare/NX/... on 'doze (was: Stupid(?) questions wrt Toltec)

T. Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Thu Apr 20 08:11:44 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 09:39:40PM +0200, Richard Bos wrote:

> You might be better of NX instead of vmware...
> You can get NX from http://www.nomachine.com/
> Tell NX to connect to an NX server running on linux.  The NX client can start
> 1 application (called custom in the NX setup).  I have tht setup last week
> for a collegue and he seems very happy with that.  It works better than
> vmware (I think) as the NX is really integrated into the MS desktop, while
> vmware is more on its own....  Besides that NX is free is vmware is not ;)

I'll have to think that one through. One of our goals was that all work
environments are exactly the same, which can be achieved with VMWare, as
you basically get the exact same environment as on our Linux workstations.

How about the hardware requirements for the server if some 10-15 people
need to run sessions at the same time?

Cheerio,

Thomas