Problem with Toltec Connector and calendar folder

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Wed Apr 5 17:56:06 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I'm using the latest version of Toltec's Connector for OL 2002. Sometimes I
can see an interesting effect in my (and others) installation:

I primarily use Kontact (from KDE 3.5.2) for my daily work. In parallel, I'm
using the Connector to be able to check and verify problems which some of
my Windows using colleagues are reporting to me.
On Linux, I'm using English as language. So I ended up with folders
Contacts, Calendar, Tasks on my Kolab 2 account (latest version on the
server as well).

I have a German Windows and OL installed. The Connector version is the
German one. Usually, the Connector accesses those groupware folders
correctly. But sometimes, I end up with an additional (somehow virtual)
folder named Kalender (German word for Calendar). It resides in OL only and
in parallel to the Calendar folder. There is no folder named Kalender on
the server.
Whatever I've tried to sync, the Kalender does not go away. I have a
screenshot showing different contents for Calendar and Kalender. But
usually they show the same content. A workaround to get rid of the
"duplicate" is to abandone the PST file and start with a new one which gets
all important data sync'ed in from the server.

I suppose the last time I've triggered that problem by adding an event to
the calendar before I had initially sync'ed OL with the server. But I
haven't been able to reproduce this.
BTW, I've seen this effect on the installation of others as well, so it
doesn't seem to be specific about my particular setup. Some of those people
use OL+Connector and sometimes Horde (Horde for viewing only) but never
Kontact.

My question is, has anybody seen this as well? Does anybody know how to get
rid of the "duplicate" folder w/o the need to sync the complete content of
the account into a new PST file? What can I do to help to track down the
cause of this effect?

Best regards,
Andreas