imap-migartion

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Fri Sep 23 15:58:22 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 20. September 2005 09:36 schrieb Henning Holtschneider:
> On Monday 19 September 2005 18:20, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> >
> > Yes.
> > Some people, like me, like to preserve the ability to have a reply-to
> > to reply to the poster and use intelligent email clients that also have
> > a list-reply button that draws on the List-ID headers.
> > Other, like Martin, have a different opinion, thinking that most people
> > will not use a list-reply button on their client properly.
>
> This is confusing. Most mailing lists set the reply-to address to the list.
> kolab-users should do the same (IMHO).

I have two people on my count: You and Martin.
(Though I know you both use client that have a mailinglist-replyto button.)

As toward the statis argument: Do you have numbers for the statement?
I found that many mailinglist for KDE users do so, because KMail's mailinglist
answer feature was not usable enough for a while. As for other mailinglists,
my subjective count is different.

Also I am a but reluctant to use a less useful value because other mail
clients might be suboptimal here. With this reasoning I could not send some
MIME messages any more (e.g. bugs in Outlook).