postfix aliases

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Mon Sep 19 10:23:41 CEST 2005

Hi Timo,

Am Donnerstag, 1. September 2005 15:55 schrieb Timo Eissler:
> i want to use postfix aliases table (/kolab/etc/postfix/aliases) instead
> of generating distribution lists in the manager
> webinterface.
> How can i do this?
>
> I added an entry qwert to the aliases file and updated the db but i
> still get the following error in the postfix.log:
>
> Aug 31 20:28:05 kolab <info> postfix/smtpd[11671]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT
> from client.domain.de[192.168.12.12]: 550 <qwert at domain.de>: Recipient
> address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table;
> from=<root at client.domain.de> to=<qwert at domain.de> proto=ESMTP
> helo=<localhost.localdomain>
>
> in the main.cf from postfix are the needed parameters alias_map and
> alias_database so i dont know why it wont work.

smtpd_recipient_restrictions has reject_unlisted_recipient so it does not
accept your new alias.  You can remove that restriction if you like,
check the instructions in the email-split howto.

Currently I do not remember precisely if aliases actually work as Kolab's
postfix does not use local delivery, but kollabmailboxfilter.
You can alternatively use the "virtual" setting for alias functionality.