Few questions about Kolab

Radu Filip radu at tuiasi.ro
Fri Sep 16 18:17:53 CEST 2005

Hello, thanks for all answers.

On Friday 16 September 2005 17:45, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> this is not really true.
> if you use for example Toltec Connector with Outlook, you just configure
> the Connector, and user doesn't really know the information is stored as
> emails in the IMAP server - unless the user configures to receive/send
> post from/through the Kolab server (additionally).
> If the user uses just Calendaring, Contacts, Tasks etc., we can say that
> email is not involved.

When I meant "without involving e-mail at all" I wanted to express: "without
interfering with my current e-mail based on Postfix and CyrusIMAP. I have no
problem if Kolab wants to use CyrusIMAP as well, but can it do it without me
having to change (Postfix + CyrusIMAP + KMail) in the way I handle e-mail?

That's the most sensible thing for me I, because I cannot afford to play with
my email (lots of folders, procmail rules, etc), I depend in my daily life
and job on the e-mail and I want Kolab to not change this.

Thanks