imap-migartion

Eric Hameleers alien at nl.ibm.com
Wed Sep 7 17:22:24 CEST 2005

Sven Gehr wrote:

> Hi at all,
>
> i have an running imap server on my suse-9.2-system (cyrus-imap-2.2.8).
> There are many mails (~400.000) an shared-folders (~500) in this system.
> How can I transver this structure to a kolab-server ?
>
> with best regards
> sven

I am just testing this...

At first, I tried imapsync (http://www.linux-france.org/prj/imapsync/)
but that failed because of the /very/ large amounts of emails some
users have in their current cyrus imap mailbox (well over 1 GB of
email is no exception).

What I am trying now, is use rsync to move the spool directories over
to the Kolab server, and there run

su - kolab-r -c "/kolab/bin/cyrreconstruct -rf
user/username at kolab.server.name"

to make the new folders known to the cyrus server on the Kolab side.
So far I did not succeed in opening an INBOX that was migrated like
this (like I said, just ran the reconstruct on my first mailbox).
There's lots of hairy issues here due to the black-box concept of the
kolab server.
Also, read http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Backups_for_kolab2 for tips.

Like to hear your further experiences!

Cheers, Eric

PS: the reply-to adddress was not to the list... was that intentional?
--
Eric Hameleers
RedHat Certified Engineer #808003505607683
Email:  alien at nl.ibm.com
Jabber: alien at jabber.xs4all.nl
ICQ:    151799386