personal opinion.....

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Sun Oct 30 02:10:20 CEST 2005

On Oct 29, 2005, at 6:55 PM, Andreas Gungl wrote:

> When we evaluated groupware solutions for our company, one
> important issue was
> offline capability. Consider travelling w/o paying for online
> connections
> only because you want to use the time in the train/plain to read
> and sort
> messages and manage calendars or prepare some messages for sending.
>
> All the nice web solutions fail badly in this respect. I like
> eGroupware, but
> it would not fit our needs in the company. And that's why I say one
> should be
> very carefull with simple comparisons between groupware solutions.

Sorry to digress, but I'm extremely intrigued by what you mean by
"offline capability". How does this work? Are there email clients
that will track offline changes, and sync them up once the user goes
back online? What clients will do this? I suspect Kontact is one?

Joe Auty
NetMusician: helping musicians exploit new communication mediums
http://www.netmusician.org
joe at netmusician.org