Failed kolab 2.01 install

vincent at acheson.uk.com vincent at acheson.uk.com
Thu Oct 27 15:57:07 CEST 2005

Thanks - that was the line I was thinking along.  I'm assuming that
openpkg.bzip2 is a file within openpkg-2.4.2-2.4.2.ix86-debian3.0-kolab.rpm.
I get the same error trying that rpm from erfrakon, uni belgrade, and
belnet.

Have just tried  with a fresh download of kolab2.01 source rpms from
erfrakon - exactly the same message:

ptarmigan:/tmp/kolab2.01src # ./obmtool kolab
---- boot/build ptarmigan %kolab ----
obmtool:NOTICE: did not find openpkg/rpm executable. Checking/fetching
binary sh.
OpenPKG 2.4-SOLID Binary Bootstrap Package, version 2.4.2
Built for prefix /kolab on target platform ix86-debian3.0
++ hooking OpenPKG instance into system environment
++ fixating OpenPKG instance root directory "/kolab"
++ extracting OpenPKG binary distribution
++ installing OpenPKG binary distribution

openpkg.bzip2: Data integrity error when decompressing.
        Input file = openpkg.tar.bz2, output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

++ fixating OpenPKG instance filesystem hierarchy
/kolab/RPM/PKG/openpkg-2.4.2-2.4.2.ix86-debian3.0-kolab.sh: line 879:
/kolab/bin/openpkg: No such file or directory
++ post-processing OpenPKG bootstrap installation
/kolab/RPM/PKG/openpkg-2.4.2-2.4.2.ix86-debian3.0-kolab.sh: line 918:
/kolab/lib/openpkg/rpmdb: No such file or directory
cat: /kolab/etc/openpkg/platform: No such file or directory
/kolab/RPM/PKG/openpkg-2.4.2-2.4.2.ix86-debian3.0-kolab.sh: line 1002:
/kolab/lib/openpkg/rpmtool: No such file or directory
obmtool:ERROR: bootstrapping failed
ptarmigan:/tmp/kolab2.01src #

I could understand the same rpm file being corrupted on different mirros,
but the same error from both source and debian rpms???????

Is there something else I'm missing?