Sending Mail from Horde Problem

Martin Breuer gwprojekt at gmx.de
Wed Oct 19 17:33:47 CEST 2005

Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:

> Martin Breuer ha scritto:
>
>> There must be another way than the setup of privileged networks the
>> get IMP working.
>> Does someone have a solution or a idea?
>
> Still not tryied as solutions but try:
> http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php
>

>         4.2.13 Can IMP be used with SMTP authentication?
>
> *[IMP 3.x]:* Horde and IMP can support SMTP authentication, but only
> if the SMTP server take the same authentication credentials as the
> POP/IMAP server (which would generally be the case). Simply edit
> /horde/config/horde.php as per the comments in that file, e.g.
>
>$conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = true;

Well I tried every configuration of Horde but i receive "unable to
authenticate to smtp server" or (without authentication) "unable to add
recipient [me at domain.tld]: Invalid response code received from server".
How can I check if the Kolab SMTP take the same authentication
credentials as the IMAP Server?

Best regards
Martin