Toltec Connector: wrong synchronization of deleted folders?

Uwe Gresshake U.Gresshake at dmmd.de
Mon Oct 17 11:07:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

we discovered the following problem when using kolab 2 with more than
one outlook client (toltec connector 2.0.5) accessing the same mailbox
folders on a kolab server:

Some users access their kolab 2 mailboxes with two outlook clients (e.g.
they use their workstation at work and their notebook at home).
First let's assume both clients are fully synchroniszed with the server,
the notebook is connected to kolab, the workstation is offline.
If I delete a non empty mail folder in Outlook (notebook), this folder
and all the mails in it are also deleted on the kolab server after
sychonization. Until this point all is OK.
Then I start Outlook on the workstation and watch what is happening with
the previously server deleted Outlook folder on the workstation.
I would expect that this folder is also deleted in Outllook on the
workstation but this does not happen. Instead Outlook on the workstation
copies the folder and the mails back in it to the kolab server. It
synchronizes in the wrong direction.
For me it seems, that Outlook / Toltec connector does not always
recognizes that server events are more actual than local events.

How could this happen and how could I avoid this? Does anybody made same
or similar experiences?

Regards,

Uwe