kolabconf warnings

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Fri Oct 14 13:52:12 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2005 23:51 schrieb Thorsten Schnebeck:
> > It at least is strange, so you should investigate it.
> > Are you sure that you have stopped the Kolab Server
> > before the critcial operations?
>
> Hmm, I think I stopped all services of beta kolab before starting the
> update.
>
> > If slapcat turns out the configuration variables
> > then kolabconf should see them.
> > The warning would mean that there are configuration variables
> > in the templates that kolabconf cannot fill because it did
> > not see them in the ldap.
>
> I dont understand "did not see them"?

You wrote you can see this variables in the slapcat.
Kolabconf sees them in the templates but cannot look them up via ldap.

> What happens when kolabconf runs?

It checks for changed templates and configuration variables via ldap
and if it finds some, it will recreate the configuration files from the
templates.

> Can I stop all services but openldap, delete the 4 config keys and run
> kolabconf again?

I cannot see how this would be able to help.

> If I change the content of the keys now via admin web
> interface they are filled into ldap without problems!?

Are they?
They should be.

> When looking into the different logs everthing looks fine. A message
> /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_smtpdpolicy[22996]: LDAP Connection error during
> LOOKUPUID: Unexpected EOF. trying to reconnect
> appears from time to time in groups in the syslog but this is running
> stuff.

This is most likely harmless.

> My problems are only start-up warning.

> > I think they will be replaced with nothing, so for the four variables
> > you have mentioned, this might not cause practical problems,
> > something else might be wrong though.
>
> These four variables are the only one in the warning message. For me this
> looks like kolabconf tries to solve a problem that is already solved(?)

Hmm maybe there is some caching going on.
You could check if the resmgr.conf files get created with the right values
filled in from the templates.