Palm Sync oddities

Stefan stefan at organet.com
Fri Nov 25 06:47:06 CET 2005

> http://www.opensync.org/

LOL!!!
Once upon a time, there was a webserver, which  should be online! Does anyone
met this server online? I can't reach it since a couple of month.......and
I'm really looking for a sync-solution for my mobile device!
I've tried so often without success! To be honest: Doest this project really
exist?

It's a real problem for our beloved groupware server! It's a fine peace of SW,
but due to the upcoming of mobile devices with calendar, todos, email, jotter
and kontacts, without a fuctioning sync-solution, beeing "out of office"
means beeing "out of sync"!
Well, we don't need any bit "in sync", but appointments MUST be in sync! IMHO
this is much more important than this stupid girlfriend-kontacts! Kontacts
are synced once a month or so! Appointments are synced on a daily base!
If I have to make the decision between an appointmententry in kolab or in my
p910 - without a working sync-solution- I will do it in my mobile device,
because it's in my pocket (I need this overview on the road) knowing, my
colleagues are blind regarding my appointments! :-(

Ready to take all the flames coming up to me! :-)
jm2c
Stefan