[Fwd: Re: Kolab2 on 64Bit-Linux]

Andrea Soliva soliva at comcept.ch
Thu Nov 24 12:43:48 CET 2005

Hi all

within a installation on a Solaris 8 sparc 64bit you will have the same
problem. If you would google you will find some hints that under some OS
gmp could not be compiled as 64bit. Also compiling gmp as 32bit would not
bring any solution. Actually gmp is only here for supporting digital
signature within clamav etc. and if you would like to go on with your
installation you can disable gmp and clamav for the installation and
afterwards you can manually compile clamav with disable-sig option. Here
what I did:

	# vi /kolabtmp/obmtool.conf

	--------------- /kolabtmp/obmtool.conf ---------------

	#    @install ${plusloc}gmp-4.1.4-2.4.0

	#    @install ${altloc}clamav-0.86.2-20050726

	--------------- /kolabtmp/obmtool.conf ---------------

	# sh obmtool kolab

        After installing the source etc. before you bootstrap do following:

	# opa /kolab

       Install the clamav package manually:

	# /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -iv ./[Package]

      After install the source you will find the source:

	# ls -la /kolab/RPM/SRC/[Package]/

      Modify the ".spec" to disable the digital signature "--disable-dsig" :

		# vi /kolab/RPM/SRC/clamav/clamav.spec

		--------------- /kolab/RPM/SRC/clamav/clamav.spec ---------------

		%build
		    #   configure package
		    CC="%{l_cc}" \
		    CFLAGS="%{l_cflags -O}" \
		    CPPFLAGS="%{l_cppflags}" \
		    LDFLAGS="%{l_ldflags}" \
		    ./configure \
		        --prefix=%{l_prefix} \
		        --sysconfdir=%{l_prefix}/etc/clamav \
		        --with-zlib=%{l_prefix} \
		        --with-libcurl \
			       --with-user=%{l_rusr} \
		        --with-group=%{l_rgrp} \
		        --disable-clamav \
		        --disable-clamuko \
		        --disable-urandom \
		        --disable-cr \
		        --disable-shared \
		        --disable-dsig

		--------------- /kolab/RPM/SRC/clamav/clamav.spec ---------------

      Build the RPM package:

	# /kolab/bin/openpkg rpmbuild -bb /kolab/RPM/SRC/[Package]/[Package].spec

      Install the RPM package:

	# /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -Uvh /kolab/RPM/PKG/[Package].[Architectur].rpm

       Now you can do the bootstrap:

        # /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b

The only difference you will have is that the virussignature will be not
downloaded based on digital signature but it will be downloaded in the
common way. Because of this circumstances you will have in the logs some
hints and notes about this but for the functionality of clamav it does not
matter about! I hope this helps in case you would like to go forward with
your installation!

Andrea