Migration - Kolab1 to Kolab2

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Nov 22 21:03:33 CET 2005

Am Mittwoch, 16. November 2005 20:55 schrieb Michael Crumm:
> I am looking for a set of instructions for migrating from Kolab1 to
> Kolab2. I'm only really interested in backing up the mail folders -
> re-creation of users by hand is not really an issue.
>
> I've been through these intstructions on the wiki
> (http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Backups_for_kolab2#IMAP_store_backups_.28c
>yrus.29), and I was able to dump and recover the imap store on the new
> server and run cyrreconstruct without errors, but the migrated emails still
> don't show up.

You should get an output when running cyrreconstruct.
Pay attention to the rights (must run as kolab-r if my mind does not fail me
right now) and pay attention to the parameters.

> I did have to create the user accounts manually, but the wiki seemed to
> indicate that that was OK.

Yes, that is fine.
It could be a bit easier, if you do that before migration the emails.

> Can anyone give me a better sense of what I need to do to make sure
> email from the old server can be seen on the new server? Is there a
> better set of instructions I could be following?

The Cyrus Imapd documentation should be your friend.