Spamassassin, Bayesian Filtering

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Thu Nov 17 20:59:49 CET 2005

Am Mittwoch, 16. November 2005 15:23 schrieb Markus F. Kraemer:
> I am playing around with Kolab 2.0.1 on a Suse 9.3 system since a while.

... assuming you mean the Kolab Server 2.0.1...

> Everything is working like a charm except Spamassassin´s Bayesian
> Filtering. I followed the instructions in the wiki
> (http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Fighting_spam)

I cannot access the wiki right now, so I cannot check the instructions there.

> and trained my DB with
> ham and spam. But the bayesian filtering doesn´t seem to work.
>
> Is it supposed to work out of the box or do I have to make some changes
> in the config files?
>
> Which user do I have to use for training?

  kolab-r
or root should work.

> Even though I use the --dbpath <path> option for the "sa-learn" command
> and the result value of sa-learn tells me that he successfully learned
> from n messages the nspam value of a "sa-learn -D --dump magic" is not
> changing.
>
> Can someone give me a hint where to continue debugging?? Let me know if
> you need any additional information!

What is the output of
/kolab/bin/sa-learn --dbpath /kolab/var/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes --dump
magic
?
What is the main error message of the same command with a "-D" at the end?

Bernhard