Spamassassin, Bayesian Filtering

Markus F. Kraemer markus.kraemer at rz.uni-mannheim.de
Wed Nov 16 15:23:38 CET 2005

Hi List,

I am playing around with Kolab 2.0.1 on a Suse 9.3 system since a while.
Everything is working like a charm except Spamassassin´s Bayesian Filtering.
I followed the instructions in the wiki
(http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Fighting_spam) and trained my DB with
ham and spam. But the bayesian filtering doesn´t seem to work.

Is it supposed to work out of the box or do I have to make some changes
in the config files?

Which user do I have to use for training?
Even though I use the --dbpath <path> option for the "sa-learn" command
and the result value of sa-learn tells me that he successfully learned
from n messages the nspam value of a "sa-learn -D --dump magic" is not
changing.

Can someone give me a hint where to continue debugging?? Let me know if
you need any additional information!

Cheers,

Markus