Moving mails on the command line via cron.

Alexander Maret-Huskinson alex at maret.de
Wed Nov 9 16:48:50 CET 2005

Am Mittwoch, 9. November 2005 00:20 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> Am Freitag, 21. Oktober 2005 01:05 schrieb Alexander Maret-Huskinson:
> > I'm looking for a command line tool to move mails stored on the Kolab
> > server.
>
> mv
> and
> cyrreconstruct
>
> should be your friends.

That sounds even better than imapsync. But what happens if a user accesses the
mailbox after a "mv" but before a "cyrreconstruct"?

> > I've read that it is not a good idea to just use "mv" to move these mails
> > into a subfolder as the imap index is not updated. Do you know of any
> > command line tool I can use to move these mails into subfolders with a
> > cronjob?
>
> Note that KDE Kontact also can do a move on old emails.

In our case this is not a solution, as the customer support employees do not
have write access to the shared-folder. All e-mail duplication is done via
postfix.

Greets,
Alex