fetchmail does stuff but no mail in inbox

Michael Leupold leupold at leunet.de
Tue Nov 8 13:28:15 CET 2005

Hi Lucy,

Am Sonntag, 6. November 2005 19:52 schrieb lucy at tettekop.com:
> That is after i sent 2 mails from a 3rd account to the account to be
> fetched being lucy at tettekop.com But nothing appears in user1 at test.be 's
> mailbox :-(
> When i sent a message from user1 to the 3rd mailbox and reply there , after
> a few minutes i get delivery failure too many hops... Guess i m back where
> i started this afternoon, aaaargh

When I started out I had similar problems at first. I solved it only after
supplying the "smtpname" option to the individual fetchmail entries.

That's what works for me:

poll mail.mydomain.com with proto pop3 user "popuser" there with password
"poppassword" is "kolabuser at mydomain.com" at localhost options fetchall
smtpname "kolabuser at mydomain.com"

Without smtpname mails just kept vanishing into the big void.

Regards,
Michael