transferring build

lucy at tettekop.com lucy at tettekop.com
Tue Nov 1 22:51:05 CET 2005

Hi ,
i got an AMD64 3500+ , but i installed i586 mandriva le 2005
if i compile kolab 2 sources i get
misssrc : none
misspkg : GMP
misspkg : Clamav
According to the logging in /tmp
Clamav couldn't compile cause it needs GMP
and GMP didn't compile because to me it seems it
choose the wrong platform
in the logfiles i can clearly see that Obmtool tried to compile GMP for x86_64 and all other packages were compiled with i686.
In the kolab logfiles in /tmp i grep for "build system type"
all packages report build system type = i686 except for the
kolab_gmp...rebuild.log there is shows x86_64
I guess that is why GMP is not compiling.
Anybody knows how i can overrule this cpu detection for gmp?
I tried to built it myself with ./configure --build=i586
but i think the make install copies it to the wrong locations

Now i installed the mandriva on a box with an athlon xp 3000
downloaded sources again compiled them they built correctly there :-)
Can i just tar the /kolab folder in a tar file
burn to cd and restore on the server
and run bootstrap install on that system?
Or how do i distrubute this correct build to my server?