SuSE 9.3: libdb4.3 conflict running obmtool

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Fri May 27 07:45:47 CEST 2005

Harald Brass <brassh at gmx.de> writes:

> The remark in the readme.1st file:
>
> ----- snip -----
>
> Debian Sarge
>
>   When libdb4.3 is installed some programs are incorrectly linked
>   agains the debian's libdb instead of the one from OpenPKG.  To work
>   around this problem, deinstall the debian package.
>
> ----- snip -----
>
> applies to SuSE 9.3 as well.
>
> On my kolab server, SuSE db-4.3.27-3.rpm is installed (since I run a
> separate second openldap server on that machine on a different port as
> backend for SMB domain authentication).
>
> This db-4.3.27-3.rpm has to be temporarily removed while executing
> "./obmtool kolab". If not, the result is that the kolab ldap server
> does not start afterwards (no log entries, apparently db failure when
> accessing the db backend).
>
> I can reinstall the SuSE rpm after building and bootstrapping kolab without
> causing problems to kolab.

You don't have to remove and reinstall db and db-devel rpm's, there is
an easier way.

1. install db42 and db42-devel
2. edit /usr/include/db.h, that is change '#include <db/db.h> to
   '#include <db42/db.h>
3. change to /usr/lib, respectively /usr/lib/tls
4. remove the symlinks libdb.so and libdb-4.so
5. create symlinks libdb-4.2.so -> libdb.so libdb-4.so

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://www.dkluenter.de