Install Problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 25 19:17:54 CEST 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 13:05, Sven Vogel wrote:
> Why nobody give me an answer?

Because this is basically a volenteer lists. :-)

> Markus Heller wrote at Thu Mar 10 00:46:53 CET 2005:
>
> "Though, I get
> an error directly after starting kolab (after bootstrapping):

> | No $LOGFILE is specified (and not logging via syslog) at
>
> /kolab/sbin/amavisd
> line 1050.
>
> It's easy to circumvent this by simply
> a) adding the according variable in /kolab/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf
> b) generating an according log file and setting it writeable to the amavisd
> user."
>
> i got also this error an i would fix it but i dont understand what is
> an according variable and an according log file. i dont have also a
> amavisd user. can enybody pleaze explain it me?

We do not know why some installations have this problem,
I never saw it myself.  Markus certainly means that you could just
give a patch to a reasonable log file.
Here it is:
$LOGFILE = "$MYHOME/amavis.log"
and you should better add this to the template and run kolabconf.

The user amavisd is running under should be kolab-r.

> my second question is i found this information in the wiki to login in
> kolab about the webinterface.
> use this link https://hostname.of.machine/admin/
> i repleaced it with my machine name but it dont work. i got the
> information not connection to the computer ...

Hard to say.
Did the bootstrapping run fine? Any warning?
Is Kolab's apache running and listening on the port.
Do you have a firewall, blocking the port?

Bernhard