Unable to send messages from Kolab 2

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue May 24 11:16:18 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 24. Mai 2005 03:32 schrieb John C. Wilson:

Hi,

> I have Kolab 2 running on Fedora Core 3.  Everything seems to run fine.  I
> can use Outlook to connect to the server, I can send e-mails to users of
> Kolab from external e-mail accounts.

Good! This means that the SMTP server and the IMAP server are working.

> I cannot send out e-mails from within
> Kolab, to either external users or internal users.  Some help would be
> appreciated.

This pretty much depends on your network setup.

Please check your web admin gui (using the manager account)

	https://mail/admin/service/

Maybe you have forgotten to define a smarthost?

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany