Kolab2 architecture/format flaws

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 18 22:09:05 CEST 2005

On Friday 13 May 2005 21:01, Matt Douhan wrote:

> I do not think number of users is the issue at hand, we have large enough
> installations and still growing them without pain, but based on previous
> statements in this thread it sounds like time is the issue at hand, as
> events accumulate with time and when 2000 users have 2000 events in their
> calendars then it becomes a problem, and I for one is very intrested in
> this part of the issue.

Hi Matt,
this has been discussed before on the lists:
An optimal webclient would need to cache _some_ things.

I think we had personal communication about this problem of horde, too.
A better design is possible, we just need a more concentrated effort
involving a bigger design step.

> > Fortunately the problem can be fixed later in a nearly good fashion. So
> > if you put in some effort or money you can get it solved.
>
> There has been discussions about using caching in the web client to ease
> the server load and when/if that happens and Horde runs on a dedicated
> machine that it ought to scale pretty well.

A decidated machine probably is a good idea.