email rules

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon May 9 16:55:26 CEST 2005

On Sunday 08 May 2005 20:51, Hans Koller wrote:
> finally our Kolab Server is up and running productive.
> Thanks to all people for this nice piece of software
> and to the user helping here.

Hi Hans,

> Going on I have some more questions.
> Spam is maked with the subject "*** Spam ***", how can
> I moce all the marked messages to a public folder..

> For backup..do you stop all kolab service and copy the
> files within /kolab/var ?

There is a section of backup strategies in the CVS version
of the architecture paper. The idea is to not stop kolab
while doing backups.

> Do I need other maintance scripts? (e.g. compact
> mailboxes, database, logfiles)

You should not need more, but use regular care as a system
administrator, e.g. for disk space and enough performance.
Logfiles should be rotated, but we lack long time experience
fror this.