Login fails after upgrade to Beta4 from Beta3

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 16:33:42 CEST 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 15:09, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 31. März 2005 15:18 schrieb Hamish:
>
> Hi,
>
> Firstly stop the Kolab server in  order to be save
>
> > > and ran sh ./obmtool kolab
>
> Good!
>
> > > I then ran
> > > /kolab/bin/openpkg rc openldap stop
> > > /kolab/sbin/slapindex
> > > /kolab/bin/openpkg rc openldap start
> >
> > I have tried to modify my password (both in the web gui and via ldap
> > client
>
> I recommend that you fully stop your kolab server. Then run slapindex. Then
> check with slapcat that the LDAP DB is accessable. Last but not least start
> the Kolab server.
>
> I think we must add some note in the Release Notes that the server must be
> completely stopped during slapindex.

Thanks for the reply Martin,

I have tried this:
/kolab/bin/openpkg rc all stop
/kolab/sbin/slapindex
/kolab/sbin/slapcat (this returns my ldap contents - working i guess)
/kolab/bin/openpkg rc all start

No errors are reported with any of these steps. I think I can safely say that
this is a cyrus problem:
I can log into webgui and postfix lookups work: LDAP is fine
Mail is sent without bounce to me and logs suggest that mail is delivered :
postfix is fine
Thunderbird fails to connect to server, kontact fails to connect to server:
cyrus is not fine
Connecting with gnutls, i also have a failure: NO Login failed: authentication
failure. I know this password is correct because it it the same one pasted
into the webgui which works.
I tried to run recover in cyradm, but this gave Operating System Failure - I
dont know if it is possible that the mailbox is corrupt, but i guess this
would not result in authentication failures?

Please, any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Any idea where i can go from here?