Kolab and Fax

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Wed Mar 30 12:03:13 CEST 2005

On Wed March 30 2005 10:54, Georg Lerch wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> has anyone here made expierences with sending faxes via kolab ?
>
> As far as I know the is a fax entry in the ldap adressbook. it could be
> used to send a fax to a person as well it could be used to recieve a fax,
> transform it to an attachment and mail it to the kolab user.

Yes, we have a setup that allows a user to recieve faxes that are converted
into emails, our solution is based on a commercial product though and the
solution is customer specific, we are currently negotiating the rights to
distribute our part of the solution using a BSD type license, but the fax
product itself (zetafax from equisys) will always be commercial.

Our part includes a sort of connector for Kolab. That translates emails to
faxes using a maildrop.

rgds

Matt

--