Kontact and Imap in KDE 3.4

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 24 10:46:48 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 19:21, Stefan Stolz wrote:
>  I write because i hope perhaps someone here can say me something to this
> problem.
>  I used in KDE 3.3 Imap to store my Korganizer data -> worked fine.

So you did store it into a Kolab2 server?

> Now i
>  made the SuSE update to 3.4 and the imap source dont works any more.

The resource name might have changed
on the other hand, I cannot say which version of KDE 3.4 comes with Suse
this days, I had problems with some builds from KDE 3.4 before.
So a problem with that build cannot be excluded, unless we get
a few reports that it works fine.

> I  can create it in Kmail, but i cant read my old data and if i try to
>  write new data Korganizer says: cant write :-(
>  I have write permissions, because i can write to the source over kmail!
>
>  Have you tryed to use imap source in KDE 3.4?

Yes, I had builds from the branch on CeBIT that worked in saving,
but had other minor problems. If you want a KDE Kolab client for production,
I suggest KDE3.3+Proko2 branch.

Bernhard