IMAP direct

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Mar 22 12:18:31 CET 2005

Am Montag, 21. März 2005 11:02 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi Bernhard,

> > Well, all of Kolab 2 internally relies of having a domain. (This was
> > necessary as a preperation for future multi-domain support).
> >
> > Doing email without a domain is imho not really useful.
>
> Can you more specific about where it breaks and why?
> I am probably missing something, but why shouldn't
> one machine serving as its own domain work for test settings?

Kolab requires to have an email domain. As an extreme the email domain may be
identical to the FQDN but not the plain hostname.

We use the email domain (don't mix it with the internet domain) in multiple
places inclunding the LDAP structure (dc components e.g dc=de, dc=erfrakon)
and the cyrus imapd spool (e.g. /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/erfrakon.de)

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany