Using kolab- LDAP Addressbook with Thunderbird

Georg Lerch kidlark at kidlark.de
Thu Mar 17 20:53:40 CET 2005

Hamish schrieb:
> On Thursday 17 March 2005 10:04, you wrote:
>
>>Hamish schrieb:
>>
>>>On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 16:56 +0100, Georg Lerch wrote:
>>>

>>>Have a look on the wiki -
>>>http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Setup_Mozilla_Thunderbird_for_Kolab_2
>>
>>I had already tried with the wiki, no luck.
>

> I am running LDAP addressbooks here in thunderbird with no problems, please
> say what error you are getting.

kidlinux:/kolab/etc/kolab# cat kolab.conf
base_dn : dc=kidlinux
bind_dn : cn=manager,dc=kidlinux
bind_pw : xxxxxxxxx
ldap_uri : ldap://127.0.0.1:389
php_dn : cn=nobody,dc=kidlinux
php_pw : xxxxxxxxx

Hi,
I´m not getting any error message. I configure the adress book,
Name: Kolab
Hostname: kidlinux
Basis BN (Base DN): dc=kidlinux
Portnumber: 389
DN Binden (bind DN?)): left empty.

I go to offline, "say" download, it asks for a user name, I give
kolab at glerch.de with password, and it displays no cards. there is not
really a error message.

telnet kidlinux 389 still works
When I use the webinterface for administration, I can see all the entrys
I made in the kolab addressbook

I tried with "DN Binden": cn=manager,dc=kidlinux
Same result.

Yours

Georg