filter for NUL character

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Thu Mar 10 19:50:17 CET 2005

Am Donnerstag 10 März 2005 18:28 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> On Monday 07 March 2005 14:16, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> > > Cause Kolab uses
> > > an externel filter it should be possible to truncate the NUL
> > > character from the mail and deliver that to cyrus.
> >
> > Anyone?
>
> In principle that is possible.
> Somebody has to implement it.
> Can you create a wish issue in the tracker?
> Give as much information as you have so the developers
> might pick it up.
>
> How often do you encounter such emails, btw?

I have this month 4 bounced mails from one exchange server. But I asked the
admin to fix sending mail bodies with NUL-character :-)
What I don't like AFAIK is this NUL-char ok in SMTP only cyrus' LMTP has a
problem. If kolab can not handle correct mails I would call this a bug and
not a wish ;-)

Bye

  Thorsten