Kolab 2 Questions

Mark Saward msaward at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 7 02:02:35 CET 2005

Hi,

We're currently running a kolab 1.0.14 server, and investigating kolab 2
to use, but have a few critical questions.

1.  1.0.14->2: Is it easy or possible to upgrade 1.0.14 to 2, or is it a
difficult task?  Has anyone tried, or are there any guides available?
2.  Security: Kolab being packaged the way it is means we must wait for
kolab developers to provide security updates.  Depending on the
distribution, normally updates can be available within a few hours.  How
long does it take the kolab team to update?  is there any way to roll
your own updates easily if the kolab dev team is taking too long?  How
do others of you manage updates?
3.  XML:  What does the XML change for kolab 2 give us?

Thanks,
Mark Saward